MAPFRE U.S.A. Corp.
211 Main Street
Webster, Massachusetts 01570
|Industry:||Property & Casualty Insurance|
|Founded:||Webster, MA U.S. (1972)|
|Headquarters:||Webster, MA U.S.|
|Key People:||Jaime Tamayo, CEO|
Randall Becker, CFO
|Products:||Personal and Commercial Insurance|
Carretera de Pozuelo, 52
At MAPFRE Insurance we build relationships based on trust. We’re committed to providing high quality products and valuable services, as well as exceptional customer experiences. That’s MAPFRE… People who take care of people.®
Then & Now
MAPFRE Insurance originated in Massachusetts as The Commerce Group, Inc. (CGI), founded in the town of Webster, Massachusetts in 1972. We are the largest private passenger automobile insurer, homeowners’ insurer and commercial automobile insurer in Massachusetts. We offer property and casualty insurance in 19 states across the United States through a network of more than 4,200 independent agents and brokers. We are rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Our company provides a full range of insurance products, including coverage for automobiles, homes, motorcycles, watercraft and businesses, as well as term life insurance. MAPFRE Insurance is part of the MAPFRE Group, an international insurer with business in 47 countries on five continents. The MAPFRE Group is the leading insurer in Spain. It is also the leading insurer in the non-life market in Latin America and the sixth largest non-life insurer in Europe.
Over the years, the Company has expanded its presence throughout the United States through acquisition. Today, the MAPFRE USA Group of Companies is comprised of the following entities:
- The Commerce Insurance Company
- Founded: 1972
- Primary Location: Webster, MA
- American Commerce Insurance Company
- Founded: 1946
- Primary Location: Columbus, OH
- Citation Insurance Company
- Founded: 1981
- Primary Location: Webster, MA
- Commerce West Insurance Company
- Founded: 1948
- Primary Location: San Ramon, CA
- MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida
- Founded: 2002
- Primary Location: Miami, FL
- MAPFRE Insurance Company
- Founded: 2007
- Primary Location: Florham Park, NJ
- MAPFRE Insurance Company of New York
- Founded: 1954
- Primary Location: Garden City, NY
Where We Do Business
The MAPFRE USA Group of Companies actively writes property and casualty insurance in 16 states across the country.
- MAPFRE USA ranked 19th among Top U.S. Private Passenger Automobile Writers by A.M. Best based on direct written premium. (2009)
- MAPFRE USA ranked as one of Ward’s Top Performing P & C Insurers (2009 & 2010)
- MAPFRE USA is a leading Property and Casualty insurer and its group of Companies are rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best. Company
* MAPFRE Insurance® is a brand and service mark of MAPFRE U.S.A. Corp. and its affiliates, MAPFRE Life Insurance Company (Dover, DE), American Commerce Insurance Company℠ (Columbus, OH), Commerce West Insurance Company℠, (Cal. COA. 6715, San Ramon, CA), MAPFRE Insurance Company℠ (Cal. COA 08643, Florham Park, NJ), MAPFE Insurance Company of Florida℠ (Miami, FL) and MAPFRE Insurance Company of New York℠ (Garden City, NY).
MAPFRE Life Insurance Company is licensed to do business in all states except New York. Affiliated companies are not responsible for the contractual or financial obligations of MAPFRE Life Insurance Company.
to protect you and your family. Already a Customer?