Massachusetts Business Insurance
Whether you own a salon, barbershop, florist, repair shop, restaurant, or other business in Massachusetts, your company likely faces some sort of risk factor and you need to be protected. That’s where business insurance comes in!
When you take a business insurance policy with MAPFRE, you will be offered competitive rates on our commercial auto, businessowners, package and commercial umbrella polices.
How does business insurance benefit a Business Owner in Massachusetts?
Business insurance protects you, your employees and your physical business in the Bay State if there is an accident, injury or another type of incident like a weather event that damages the structure.
What Does Business Insurance Cover in Massachusetts?
Business insurance coverage will vary depending on your individual business needs, size or any other number of factors. When you choose coverage with MAPFRE, you can add the following protections:
- General Liability – This type of coverage is also referred to as business liability insurance and helps protect you and your business from claims involving bodily injuries and property damage.
- Property – This type of insurance protects the physical property of your business — whether you own or rent it. The coverage can help protect things such as inventory, tools, equipment, computers and furniture.
- Professional Liability – When you add-on Professional Liability insurance in Massachusetts, you will be protected if a client files a lawsuit against you or an employee over a mistake. This type of insurance is available for barbers and beauticians, florists, funeral directors, printers, optical/hearing aid businesses, etc.
- Business Owners Policy (BOP) – This type of policy combines both property and liability coverage into one package.
- Commercial Auto – This policy type is necessary if your business requires the use of a company vehicle or a fleet of vehicles. The insurance can help cover property damage or medical treatments of an injured person should an accident occur.
- Cyber Suite – The Cyber Suite package from MAPFRE protects your business against a range of things like breaches of personally identifying or personally sensitive information, threats of unauthorized intrusion into or interference with computers systems, damages to data and systems from computer attacks and cyber-related litigation.
- Umbrella Insurance – When you add-on Umbrella Insurance in Massachusetts, you will be protected against catastrophic liability claims — beyond what commercial auto, business owners, or general liability insurance might offer. This type of policy acts as excess coverage over your primary policy, often with added protection from $1 million to $5 million depending on your needs. Umbrella Insurance will also cover defense costs should a personal injury or property damage happen and a lawsuit is brought against you.
- Liquor Liability – This type of insurance helps protect businesses that sell, serve or distribute alcohol. For businesses, this type of insurance can help cover bodily injury or property damage claims caused by an intoxicated customer after they were served alcohol by a company or on a company’s premises.
Find a Massachusetts Insurance Agent Near You
MAPFRE Insurance is proud to partner with local independent insurance agents throughout Massachusetts. To determine exactly what type of coverage you need for your business, contact an independent agent today or search for one in your area below:
Common Questions about Massachusetts Business Insurance
Why do I need business insurance in Massachusetts?
related incidents and weather events and will also protect you and your employees.
Is business insurance required in Massachusetts?
Professional or general liability insurance is not required by law in Massachusetts, but it’s highly recommended to protect your employees and your business.
How much is business insurance in Massachusetts?
The cost of business insurance in Massachusetts varies because not all businesses are the same in terms of size, physical location, and how much coverage you might need.
How much coverage should I have for my Massachusetts business?
Your independent agent can help you determine the exact type of coverage you need for your business.
What Your Business Needs Cyber Insurance
As thieves become more and more sophisticated, cyber attacks and ransomware attacks continue to impact businesses, the health care industry and the education sector.
If you own a business with a digital presence or maintain data on clients and employees, you could be targeted by cyber criminals.
What Is Business Insurance and What Does It Cover?
There are 32.5 million small businesses in the United States which employ 46.8% of the private workforce, according to The Office of Advocacy, an independent office within the U.S. Small Business Administration. Whether you own a small local restaurant, a hair salon or a landscaping business, chances are, you want to ensure that your employees, business property or vehicles are protected from work-related incidents.
Insurance Tips for Protecting Your Small Business
Communities around the country celebrate the people who truly drive the nation’s economy and define our spirit during National Small Business Week – the first week in May. Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, there are 32.5 million small businesses in the United States, which employ 46.8% of the private workforce, according to The Office of Advocacy, an independent office within the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Please Note: This is meant only to provide general information about commonly available insurance coverages. Except as expressly noted, this content is not intended to describe any specific coverage offered by MAPFRE Insurance. No coverage is provided, bound or guaranteed by this article. Available coverages, credits and discounts vary from state to state and are subject to eligibility criteria and policy terms/conditions, which will control in the event of conflict between this article and your insurance policy. For information about your policy, please review your individual policy contract and speak with your insurance representative.
MAPFRE Insurance® is a brand and service mark of MAPFRE U.S.A. Corp. and its affiliates, including American Commerce Insurance Company (Cal. COA 4928-8), Citation Insurance Company, The Commerce Insurance Company, Commerce West Insurance Company (Cal. COA 1372-2), MAPFRE Insurance Company (Cal. COA 3039-5), and MAPFRE Insurance Company of Florida.