With the high cost of living, it is necessary to find ways to reduce expenses. While minimum auto insurance coverage is a legal requirement in most states, drivers should take adequate insurance to avoid financial turmoil, particularly when you’ve purchased a new car. Therefore, new car owners should shop around for the best deals on car insurance before settling on an insurer.
How to Find the Best Insurance for a New Car
Many drivers take out insurance when they purchase a new car without paying attention to the details of the policies. The result is typically paying high premium rates, which may not benefit the driver in case of an accident. To remedy this, new car owners need to review their insurance policies annually to make sure they are not overpaying for adequate coverage. Apart from determining the right deductible to keep the cost of premiums in check, it’s crucial for drivers to pick a top-rated insurer when insuring a new car. Insurance companies with a good reputation are usually easier to deal with during a claim. Besides, they generally offer better quality policies at affordable premium rates.
MAPFRE insurance understands the importance of an affordable premium while not sacrificing the coverage you need. New car owners can benefit from various car insurance coverages from MAPFRE. Whether compulsory coverage or optional coverage is used, MAPFRE ensures drivers get their money’s worth:
- Liability coverage: The policy helps to cover monetary damages you are required to pay for losses sustained by third parties as a result of an accident for which you are responsible. It covers damages to other people’s property when the car is involved in an accident. The protection is mandatory, and failure to purchase the policy attracts a fine. States set the minimum liability coverage required but drivers can purchase higher limits.
- Collision coverage: The collision coverage from MAPFRE protects the car owner from damages if their car is involved in an accident. The coverage is useful for people who bought the vehicle through a loan from a financial institution which is typical when buying a new car. Some lenders require Collision Coverage for any vehicle they provide financing for.
- Comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides a financial buffer against damages caused by weather, fire, or theft. While it is not a compulsory coverage, it comes in handy in case of a burglary or fire.
- New Car Replacement: This optional coverage is available to new car owners where the car has an odometer reading of less than 500 miles on the date of purchase. This coverage makes sure if you are ever in an accident where your new car is totaled, you will be able to get a new car of equal value, not whatever the depreciated value of your car may be. The coverage will apply until one year from the date of purchase of the car or an odometer reading of 15,000 miles, whichever comes first. This upgrade only costs $20 a year and comes packaged with other add-on coverages.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: This usually covers property damage and bodily injury expenses that you incur in a car accident where the other driver is found to be at fault and either has no liability coverage (uninsured) or insufficient liability insurance (underinsured – where damages exceed their coverage limits).
Calculate the Price of Insurance for a New Car
While car insurance coverage is essential, it should not lead to financial problems. Especially when you may be balancing the additional cost of financing your new vehicle. Learning how to calculate insurance for a new car helps you to pick the right coverage and affordable premiums to balance protecting your immediate and future financial security should you have an accident.
How does MAPFRE determine the cost to insure a new car? After providing personal details about themselves, the new vehicle and anyone else who may drive the car you can get a quote in minutes from your independent agent or online in Massachusetts.
With MAPFRE insurance, a new car owner can benefit from outstanding coverage to protect their needs and affordable premiums to fit their budget. Get a fast, free quote today for your Massachusetts Car Insurance or contact your local Independent Agent to see how much you could save!
Please Note: This content is not intended to describe any specific coverage offered by MAPFRE Insurance. No coverage is provided, bound or guaranteed by this article. Available coverages, credits and discounts vary from state to state and are subject to eligibility criteria and policy terms/conditions, which will control in the event of conflict between this article and your insurance policy. For information about your policy, please review your individual policy contract and speak with your insurance representative.
MAPFRE Insurance® is a brand and service mark of MAPFRE U.S.A. Corp. and its affiliates, including American Commerce Insurance CompanySM (Cal. COA 4928-8), Citation Insurance CompanySM, The Commerce Insurance CompanySM, Commerce West Insurance CompanySM (Cal. COA 1372-2), MAPFRE Insurance CompanySM (Cal. COA 3039-5), and MAPFRE Insurance Company of FloridaSM.