We collect information that we believe is necessary to serve you effectively and to permit us to meet your needs, such as information that we receive from your insurance application collected over the telephone, through electronic devices such as laptops, phones, and tablets, and through written correspondence and communications from you.
The types of information we collect about you and the sources from which we collect the information include: your name, address, telephone number; information about your transactions with us; information that you provide to us on our Website; information from your insurance agent or broker (if applicable); information that we receive from consumer reporting agencies; information from website usage (or traffic) including information automatically collected through technology such as cookies, pixels, and tags; information from customer lists provided by other organizations and marketing data providers; information from governmental agencies and insurance-support organizations; location information on certain applications including usage based insurance programs; and information relating to insurance claims, which may include medical information.
When you use the App or Services, we will collect information about your driving style and habits, such as location, speed, acceleration, braking and cornering and combine this with weather, traffic, time of day and other contextual data. Such use is based upon you giving explicit consent to this profiling when registering to use the App or Services.
Apple, iPhone Users: Information about the App’s privacy practices are required for the Apple App Store to assist users in understanding an app’s privacy practices before they download the App on any Apple platform. In addition to the above, we may also collect the following information that is linked to your identity. This information is not used for tracking* purposes:
- Contact Information – email: Users can authenticate their access to the App via email address.
- Health & Fitness – Fitness (Motion): The App uses motion activity to detect phone use while driving
- Location – precise: This enables more accurate delineating of trips.
- User Content – Photos or Videos: User can upload a photo for their profile.
- Identifiers – User ID and Device ID.
- Usage Data – Product Interaction: User engagement analytics help us to improve user interface design.
- Diagnostics – Crash Data: Data on possible collisions is used in aggregate analytics to understand the impact of driving behaviors.
- Other Data
* Tracking is defined as linking data collected about a user or device with a third-party data for advertising, advertising measurement purposes, or sharing data about a user or device with a data broker.
Sensitive Data: MAPFRE Insurance and CMT do not collect personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and do not engage in the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, or data concerning health or medical condition.