Claims Service Information
Reporting A Claim
Rapid settlement of a claim begins with a timely report to us of a loss to your automobile or home. You can report the loss to American Commerce Insurance Company directly at:
Available 24 hours a day/365 days a year
Reporting your claim takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
This service is available to our American Commerce insured customers, as well as anyone else involved in an incident with one of our American Commerce insureds.
During the claim report process, a professional, skilled claim representative will gather full detailed information on your claim and enter it electronically into our system. The claim report should take only 10-15 minutes. At the end of the report, you will be provided with the following information:
- Your file number
- Your claim adjuster's name and telephone extension
- Answers to any general questions that you may have
Additionally, if your claim is for damage to your auto and you have chosen certain coverages, at the end of the telephone call you will have the following information:
- An assignment of an American Commerce appraiser to inspect your vehicle and
write an appraisal of damage. This appraisal can be done at your home, work or
- We will provide you with names of preferred rental companies and assistance
in arranging for a comparable substitute vehicle while yours is being repaired.
Report a Claim to American Commerce Insurance Online
If you prefer to file your claim online, you may complete our online claim submission form
. After completing the form, you will be provided with a submission number, and one of our representatives will typically contact you within one business day to provide you with any additional claims information.
Tips to Expedite your Report
In general, the claim reporting process is facilitated by providing us with your policy number and as much detail on the loss as possible. Below is some additional information to help to expedite the report. However, please do not delay your report to us if certain pieces of information are not readily available to you.
If you were involved in an automobile accident or if your vehicle was damaged in an incident other than a collision (for example: vandalism, fire, glass or theft):
- Have your policy number available when you report the loss to us.
- Provide information concerning your vehicle including its year, make, model, license plate number, and the area of damage it sustained. We will also need to know where the vehicle can be located if it was towed. Please include the street address and telephone number of the facility where your vehicle is located.
- If there was an operator of your vehicle and it was different from the owner, we will need the full name of the operator along with his/her address, date of birth and driver's license number.
- Have information on the other party/parties involved in the incident including the name and address of the owner and operator (if different) of the other vehicle(s). Please include the year, make, model, license plate number, and the area of damage sustained of the other vehicle. The name of the other party's insurance company would also be helpful.
- If the police were at the scene or contacted after the incident, we will need to know which department responded and if there were citations issued to any of the involved parties.
- The date, time, and location of the incident including street names and any landmarks.
- Names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Names and addresses of any injured parties, along with a description of the nature of the injuries.