You got into accident and now you’re inconvenienced because your vehicle is with the mechanic or at an auto body shop. Yet, you still need to get to work and drive the kids to their activities.
Are you wondering if your auto insurance policy covers you for a car rental? If you took MAPFRE’s substitute transportation coverage and your vehicle is not drivable or in the shop for repairs, rental coverage could help get you back on the road. This is of course determined by the limits you purchased on your car insurance policy. Those limits can vary based on your policy attributes and the number of vehicles you have insured.
If you have rental coverage, when selecting a rental vehicle, opt for a vehicle with a lower daily rate when possible. This choice will maximize the overall amount of available coverage. Your claim representative will assist you in obtaining a rental vehicle from a list of preferred companies to select from.
So when does standard substitute transportation provide coverage for a car rental under your MAPFRE policy?
- If your auto was in a collision and is being repaired or replaced
- If your auto was involved in a theft
- Reasonable time for having your auto repaired or replaced
What circumstances would not trigger coverage under your substitute transportation?
- Routine maintenance
- Normal wear and tear
- Intentional damage
Before even starting the repair process to your vehicle, take advantage of MAPFRE’s CAR EZ Program – our expedited auto repair service. The program offers the following benefits:
- Conveniently located CAR EZ repair shops with wide search capabilities for part availability
- Priority scheduling of repairs
- Arrangement to pick-up damaged vehicle
- Coordination of a rental car while repairs are being made
- Thorough cleaning before the vehicle is returned
- Direct payment from MAPFRE Insurance to the selected CAR EZ repair shop
- Limited lifetime warranty on all Car EZ repairs, as long as the policyholder owns the vehicle
Remember, if you need to make a claim after an accident, you can do so online as well as submit important claims documents. We hope these tips are helpful in selecting the right coverage and rental to protect yourself if you ever do have an accident. Add on MAPFRE’s substitute transportation coverage and have a licensed agent review your current coverages on your auto insurance in Massachusetts with MAPFRE.