Reporting a Claim…the sooner, the better
As soon as you can, please report your claim by doing one of the following:
- Contact us directly
- Click here to report your claim online
- Call your insurance agent
Who is handling my claim?
When you report your claim to us, our Claims Service Center Representatives will work with you to gather the initial claim information and will assign a Claim Representative to handle your needs.
Additionally, a MAPFRE Insurance Appraiser will be assigned to inspect your vehicle and write a damage appraisal or you may qualify for one of MAPFRE’s expedited repair or appraisal options which are detailed below.
MAPFRE Insurance and participating CAR EZ auto repair shops have partnered together to provide you with fast, convenient, and hassle-free service. Participating repair shops adhere to high professional standards, have excellent reputations, and share our desire to achieve excellence in customer service every time.
How the MAPFRE Insurance CAR EZ Program Works
You may have your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice, however participation in the CAR EZ Program allows for added benefits. Participating CAR EZ repair shops will:
• Contact you within 24 hours.
• Make Arrangements to pick up your vehicle (if necessary).
• Coordinate a rental car if applicable.
• Complete the repairs to your vehicle and guarantee the work for as long as you own your vehicle.
• Perform a thorough cleaning of your vehicle prior to returning it to you.
• Provide exemplary customer service throughout the entire repair process.
Benefits and Highlights of the MAPFRE Insurance CAR EZ Program
• Conveniently located repair shops.
• Priority scheduling of repairs.
• Direct payment from MAPFRE Insurance to the CAR EZ repair shop.
• MAPFRE Insurance offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on all CAR EZ repairs.
Click here for more information on the CAR EZ Program and participating shops in your area.
ePICS is an enhanced service designed to deliver total satisfaction to our customers by eliminating the need to wait for an appraiser to set up an appointment to inspect your vehicle (excludes motorcycles and heavy equipment vehicles).
• Access to a smart phone or compatible mobile tablet
• Your vehicle is drivable and listed on your policy
Overview of Process
• If you choose to utilize ePICS to expedite your appraisal, you will receive an email or text notification asking you to download the ePICS mobile app on your smart phone or tablet.
• After you download the app, follow the instructions within the app to take and submit photos and a short video of your damaged vehicle.
• Licensed appraisers will review your submission, contact you if there are any questions, and expedite your appraisal process.
• In most cases, you will receive your damage appraisal via email within 24-48 hours without having to wait for an appraisal appointment to be scheduled.
Click here for more information and FAQs on the ePICS Program.
What if my vehicle was towed to a storage facility or tow yard?
Please call us immediately if your car is at a storage or tow facility. Storage charges may be accruing daily, and we can help you with the determination of whether the car should be moved in order to lessen these charges.
Can I begin repairs once the appraisal is completed?
You may choose to begin repairs at that point. However, the initial damage appraisal is not a guarantee of payment. That is because the amount of the appraisal will be reduced by your chosen deductible, or by any damage listed on the appraisal that is not related to the loss. Your Claim Representative will verify the fault of the parties involved in the accident and the coverage available to you.
What if my vehicle is deemed a “Total Loss”?
The MAPFRE Insurance Appraiser will make the determination if your vehicle is repairable or if it is a “total loss.” Your “total loss” settlement will be based on the Actual Cash Value of the vehicle minus the amount of your chosen deductible. Your claim will be transferred from your original Claim Representative to a Total Loss Claim Representative. Your Total Loss Claim Representative will determine the Actual Cash Value of your vehicle and contact you regarding settlement of your “total loss” claim.
Where can I have my vehicle repaired?
MAPFRE Insurance insureds are free to have their vehicle repaired at any auto repair shop of their choice. Bring the damage appraisal written by the MAPFRE Insurance Appraiser to your chosen shop. If the repair shop’s estimate is different from the one written by the MAPFRE Insurance Appraiser, our staff will work directly with your chosen shop to attempt to reach an agreed price.
What if additional damage not included in the original appraisal is discovered while the vehicle is being repaired?
Your original appraisal is for “visible damage” seen during the inspection. Although every attempt is made to be as thorough as possible, additional “hidden damage” is sometimes discovered during the repair process. If this happens, the repair facility should contact the original MAPFRE Insurance Appraiser who will then come to that facility to write a supplemental appraisal for any claim-related damage.
Can I rent a car?If your policy includes coverage for a substitute vehicle, and your vehicle is not drivable or in the shop for repairs, your Claim Representative will assist you in obtaining a rental vehicle. MAPFRE Insurance has a list of preferred rental companies you may wish to select from.
Will there be a deductible?
Your Claim Representative will review what coverage is available for your claim. Once coverage is determined and the amount of your loss has been established, payments are made less the amount of your chosen deductible for that particular coverage part.
* Please note: If there is another individual(s) responsible for the accident and the resulting damage to your vehicle, our staff will attempt to recover your deductible. We will contact the responsible party’s insurance carrier and provide the appropriate follow up to attempt recovery of funds due to you as quickly as possible.
When can I expect payment?
If your vehicle is repairable, you can normally expect payment within 5 to 7 days after the appraisal is received. The entire process will normally take 7 to 12 business days from the date you reported the accident. Also, if there is a lien holder (holder of the auto loan) on your policy, we may be required by law to include your lien holder on the check. However, if you sign a direction to pay at your auto repair shop, we can send the payment directly to your repairer.
If you have any questions throughout the claims process, feel free to contact your claim representative and they, or a member of their team, will be happy to assist you.
Information by state
For accidents occurring prior to 7/1/14
Sample decision point review information letter (PDF)
Decision point information plan and pre-certification requirements and contact information (PDF)
For Accidents occurring 7/1/14 or after
Sample decision point review information letter (Word)
Decision point review plan and pre-certification requirements and contact information (PDF)