When you shop for auto insurance, MAPFRE knows you want the right coverage at an affordable price.
Auto insurance is legally required to operate a vehicle and is necessary to register a car in Massachusetts. There are also four types of mandatory car insurance coverage (also called compulsory coverage) for all private-passenger vehicles. Those coverages are:
- Bodily Injury to Others known as Liability Coverage
- Damage to Someone Else‘s Property (Property Damage) Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Coverage
- Bodily Injury Caused by an Uninsured Motorist Coverage
MAPFRE also offers optional coverages to drivers in Massachusetts which include Comprehensive coverage, Collision and Limited Collision coverage, Medical Payments, Underinsured coverage, Optional BI to Others, Substitute Transportation, Towing and Labor.
If you’re looking to customize your auto policy even further and want an extra level of protection, you might want to consider MAPFRE’s Elite Package Endorsement. This endorsement is specific to Massachusetts auto policy holders and costs $35 annually.
The Elite Package Endorsement provides the following additional coverages:
- Collision and Limited Collision Deductible Savings Program: If an operator on your policy who is a good driver with a clean driving record is involved in an accident while covered under Collision or Limited Collision on your policy, the deductible will be waived up to a maximum of $500. Be aware that if your deductible is waived under this coverage, you are not eligible to use Disappearing Deductible Credits.
- Original Equipment Manufacturer Parts Coverage: This applies to vehicles which have Collision coverage on your policy and are less than ten model years old and have less than 50,000 miles. We will pay to replace any damaged crash part which cannot be repaired, with a part manufactured or licensed by the original equipment manufacturer sometimes referred to as OEM parts.
- Mechanical Parts Replacement Cost Coverage: MAPFRE will pay to replace any damaged mechanical non-body related part, which cannot be repaired, without factoring in depreciation of the vehicle. The damage must involve an auto described on your policy that includes Collision, Limited Collision or Comprehensive Coverage. The damage must be covered by one of those coverage parts and:
- Occur to an auto with less than 50,000 miles; and
- Occur to an auto that is no more than 10 model years old.
- Emergency Travel Expense: MAPFRE will pay additional expenses (up to $300) incurred by you, your household members and anyone occupying your vehicle, for lodging and meals, in the event of a covered loss to your auto. The loss must occur more than 100 miles from your principal residence and no deductible applies to this coverage.
- Additional Towing and Labor Coverage: MAPFRE will pay up to $75 in addition to any limit you have included on your existing MAPFRE Auto Policy for Towing and Labor.
- Accidental Discharge of Air Bag Coverage: We will pay the cost to repair or restore an airbag that accidentally discharges, without the auto being in an accident. This coverage applies to any auto insured on your policy where Comprehensive coverage is included.
The Elite Package Endorsement can be purchased for any Massachusetts auto policy that provides comprehensive coverage. To see if the drivers and the vehicles on your policy qualify for added production by adding on the Elite Package Endorsement, we recommend you review your policy and coverage needs with your trusted independent agent.
If you want to add the endorsement to your policy or need additional information, your independent agent in Massachusetts can assist you! Not insured with MAPFRE yet? Get a fast, free auto quote today if you live in Massachusetts or contact an independent agent in your state!
Please Note: This content is not intended to describe any specific coverage offered by MAPFRE Insurance. No coverage is provided, bound or guaranteed by this article. Available coverages, credits and discounts vary from state to state and are subject to eligibility criteria and policy terms/conditions, which will control in the event of conflict between this article and your insurance policy. For information about your policy, please review your individual policy contract and speak with your insurance representative.
MAPFRE Insurance® is a brand and service mark of MAPFRE U.S.A. Corp. and its affiliates, including American Commerce Insurance CompanySM (Cal. COA 4928-8), Citation Insurance CompanySM, The Commerce Insurance CompanySM, Commerce West Insurance CompanySM (Cal. COA 1372-2), MAPFRE Insurance CompanySM (Cal. COA 3039-5), and MAPFRE Insurance Company of FloridaSM.