PARENTS, help your new drivers improve their safe driving with DriveAdvisorSM
A free safety program for new drivers to help them learn how to reduce their risk of having an accident
The DriveAdvisor SM Program provides parents feedback online that could help them teach their inexperienced drivers to become safer on the road and reduce their risk of having an accident.
DriveAdvisorSM can highlight driving habits that need improvement like speeding, slamming on the brakes, or hitting the gas too hard so you’re aware of what your new driver can improve on.
The crash risk for newly licensed drivers is particularly high during the first months of having a license and drivers 16-19 are three times more likely to crash than drivers 20 and older.*
* Information source: www.cdc.gov
Reasons to Take Advantage of DriveAdvisorSM
- You can help your new driver learn ways to reduce the risk of having an accident
- It allows you to identify your child's driving habits that you can help him or her to improve
- New drivers can develop safe driving habits and become safer drivers for the rest of their lives
- Your insurance premium is not affected by the driving feedback
Parents and guardians of newer drivers can access the secure DriveAdvisorSM website at any time to review the data points such as:
- Vehicle speed
- Number of miles driven
- Optional trip maps are also available, which display where and when any driving events occurred
There is also the option to view the driver’s daily, weekly, monthly and overall “safety score” to help track progress and provide parents an understanding of safety levels.
Participation in the program is voluntary and customers may opt-out at any time. Those with Merit Rating points of 5 or more are also eligible to take part in this program.
If you'd like to sign up for the DriveAdvisorSM Program, please contact your insurance agent today!